Sustainable Solutions to Better Our Communities, Worldwide
Martinrea is committed to ensuring the responsible use of natural resources and the prevention and reduction of negative environmental impacts like emissions, energy and water consumption, or waste generation, and not to endanger the environment. The company aspires to be an environmentally responsible company and has corporate strategies in place to reduce its impact on the environment. The company has in place risk management practices which include oversight for environmental sustainability for its operations.
Martinrea is subject to environmental regulations by federal, provincial and municipal authorities in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Slovakia, Germany, Spain, Brazil, Japan and China. In some locations, we are required to participate in public regulatory reporting, including making certain information available on our website. Martinrea’s operations involve the use of equipment and products, which are subject to regulatory guidelines and must be controlled in accordance with applicable standards. Martinrea’s operations also produce various wastes, which must be handled, stored, transported and disposed of in accordance with applicable environmental laws and regulations.
Martinrea is currently in compliance in all material respects with all environmental legislation and regulations to which it operations are subject. All manufacturing facilities have received, or are in the process of receiving, ISO 14001 or functionally
equivalent environmental certification, where required.
TOXIC REDUCTION ACT (Ontario) – Martinrea is committed to playing a leadership role in protecting the environment and prides itself on producing high quality automotive parts in an environmentally responsible manner. Whenever feasible, Martinrea will reduce the use and release of certain elemental metals in compliance with applicable environmental regulations.
Ridgetown, Ontario Canada
- 2011 – TRA Plan Summary Zinc, Chromium, Manganese
- 2012 – TRA Annual Accounting
- 2012 – TRA Plan Certification
- 2012 – Annual Summary
- 2013 – TRA Annual Accounting
- 2014 – TRA Annual Accounting
- 2014 – TRA Plan Certification
- 2014 – TRA Plan Summary
- 2015 – Toxic Reduction Plan
- 2015 – TRA Annual Accounting
- 2015 – National Pollutant Release Inventory and Greenhouse Gas Reporting Memo
- 2016 – Toxic Reduction Plan (no changes to the TRA Plan, 2015 plan still in effect)
- 2016 – TRA Public Summary Report
- 2017 – Toxic Reduction Plan (no changes to the TRA Plan, 2015 plan still in effect)
- 2017 – National Pollutant Release Inventory and Greenhouse Gas Reporting Memo
- 2018 – Public Summary Report
- 2018 – Toxic Reduction Plan (no changes to the TRA Plan, 2015 plan still in effect)
- 2019 – Toxic Reduction Plan (no changes to the TRA Plan, 2015 plan still in effect)
Corporate social responsibility
Workplace diversity overview/statement
Martinrea believes in creating a diverse culture, based on its Golden Rule of treating people the way we want to be treated with dignity and respect. We believe in a great work environment that allows everyone to reach their full potential. Our objective is to encourage diversity and inclusion within Martinrea, including with our stakeholders and senior management, and to not discriminate on the basis of gender or on any other basis.
Diversity and inclusion is important to a well-functioning team, and ensures our company has the necessary range of perspectives, experience and expertise required to achieve business objectives, including effective stewardship and management.
Fair treatment and dignity and respect are core principles in the company’s Employee Bill of Rights and in the Company’s Ten Guiding Principles. These principles, reinforced throughout our team’s daily work life, also encourage diverse and nimble work environment for both employees, supplier partners and customers.
Suppliers to Martinrea are considered valuable business partners. Suppliers help us meet and exceed the expectations of Martinrea’s customers, which keeps us competitive through world class manufacturing and cutting edge innovations. Through the rigorous supplier selection process, Martinrea strives to ensure the company’s culture and values cascade to the supply base.
From quality assurance to environmental sustainability and social responsibility, Martinrea’s suppliers are evaluated to the same standards of excellence as our own employees and facilities.
The Code of Basic Working Conditions and Corporate Responsibility and Anti-Corruption requires that we:
- Not use child or forced labor
- Promote our employees’ material well-being by providing competitive compensation and benefits that comply with applicable laws
- Respect employee’s right to associate freely and bargain collectively
- Comply with applicable laws regulating hours of work
- Not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status
- Maintain a healthy and safe work environment
- Work constructively with local communities and indigenous people
- Do not accept or offer illegal payments, bribes, kickbacks or other things to secure work or influence business decisions
- Conduct business in manner that provides responsibly for the protection of health and the environment.
Further to the above, under Martinrea’s Quality Policy we are dedicated to maintaining a Quality Culture with:
- Continuous improvement using lean tools
- Using proactive performance measures
- Leading product and process innovations
- Team based problem solving
- Utilizing documented systems
- Rewarding employee involvement
- Exceeding customer expectations