At Martinrea, employee safety is paramount and central to the Company’s vision, mission and culture. We place tremendous value and focus on the well-being and safety of our employees, as well as those of our customers and suppliers. To help prevent the further spread of the virus, we have implemented measures at our plants and offices, including social distancing, work from home, and enhanced safety procedures. We follow best practices, protocols and regulations from local governments as well as health authorities and are adapting our strategies, as new information is made public.
While this is a volatile and trying time, we are working together to manage our business and maintain our financial strength, to support our stakeholders and keep our people, customers and suppliers safe and healthy.
Below are some of the steps we’ve taken to protect our employees and prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Restricting the number of workers present on premises to no more than is necessary to perform our critical functions.
- Promoting remote work.
- Limiting visitors to our facilities to those that are absolutely necessary to allow us to continue our critical functions.
- Promoting social distancing by keeping workers and visitors who are on premises at least six feet from one another.
- Increasing standards of facility cleaning and disinfection to limit worker and visitor exposure to COVID-19, as well as adopting protocols to clean and disinfect in the event of a positive COVID-19 case in the workplace.
- Adopting policies to prevent workers from entering the premises if they display respiratory symptoms or have had contact with a person who is known or suspected to have COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Health Assessment Tools and fact sheets have been provided to all employees as a reference and to stay informed.
- Educating our employees on the best preventative steps for any communicable disease, including COVID-19, such as:
- Avoid shaking hands when greeting.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid sharing anything coming in contact with saliva, whether in your living or social environments.
- If you develop a fever, cough or breathing difficulties, contact a doctor by telephone and discuss how to proceed.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals to ensure a healthy immune system.
Please know we are taking the necessary steps in our global locations to protect the safety and health of our team members and to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.